My love and me

My love and me
Tim & Jess

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Our First Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

(The pumpkin I literally picked from the vine)




I have always wanted to take the kids to a pumpkin patch, and finally mustered the courage this year. They are older now and able to go places with more ease than the years before.
We had a GREAT time! We did not leave our house until way into the afternoon, and I was worried that it might be a waste of time. It was sprinkling the whole time, too, but it was some sort of magic rain that did not get us wet. Lol. Sara was in town so she was with us. We kept mentioning the fast that we had been out there in the rain for a few hours and we were not wet and our hair was not frizzy. I decided it MUST be magic rain that is meant only for the plants. Tim did not go because he had final exams the next week and had to study, so I was happy Sara was in town.

There were goats, lots of goats! And we fed them!




This was on the hayride to the patch. Aunt Sara with the kids! She was so happy to be here! And they were, too!



Sara and Hope :)

It was funny, because there were so many rotten pumpkins in the patch. My sister and I laughed because I said to the kids "go over there and squat by the pumpkins so I can take your picture", but when we looked, the rotten ones were everywhere! So, just ignore the gross ones! lol.

This was in front of a series of gorgeous gardens

This was a cute duck race for the kids. Each one had to pump water and make a rubber ducky swim down into a bucket of water

The girls had their faces painted like kitties:

Connor wanted a hippo on his face, so this is how that turned out:

This is Sara holding everyone's balloon flowers: (notice Connor's hat that she wore all day)

So, there you have it! I have some things I want to add after I take pictures. Just little crafts I did for fall.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm jealous you're actually getting to wear fall clothes. We're still in shorts & t shirts. It's been around 80 all week. I'm ready for some fall weather!