My love and me

My love and me
Tim & Jess

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Tour, A Day Late

Christmas Tour of Homes
I decided to join the tour of homes, and show off my decorations for this Christmas!! Be sure not to be drinking anything when you look at my pictures. You might spew it on your computer, because you will be laughing at me for even posting this! Now, remember, I am not in my own home this year.


I will start with this morning's picture, that led to me just wanting to go along with this. The kids all made little Christmas decorations/projects Sunday at church. Katelyn made a nativity scene, held up by a tp roll, Hope made a card for Jesus' Birthday, and, Connor made a little manger with a yellow blanket covering the baby Jesus. Baby Jesus was simply a peanut in its shell, with a face drawn on. So, I had the projects on the coffee table in the kitchen, to show off, well, at least to let the kids enjoy looking at their creations. Anyway, I was at the bar on the island this morning, drinking coffee, and cutting out snowflakes, because we wanted to make more glitter snowflakes that we had made a few days ago. You just can't have too many, you know! So, I am talking to my mom, and happily cutting away, when I notice a mess underneath my chair. I looked down, and I see an empty manger, with a blanket, NO PEANUT!! Next to that, was BABY JESUS' SHELL!! I grabbed the camera (never far from my reach) and documented this. The kids always sneak under the bar, between the wall and stools to eat forbidden snacks, have 'accidents' in their pants, etc.. So, there was the evidence. No one will fess up to eating our Lord and Savior. But didn't Jesus tell us that He is the Bread of Life, and if we eat of His Body, we will never go hungry? Well, there you go! Apparently the kids wanted to see if this is true.


The first one is what I saw from my chair, in the next one, I found His face and tried to put them together for the picture.








And here are the white snowflakes we made, but they are hard to see, so we made colored ones today.









This is our tree, which is a beautiful, pre-lit tree, that my kids decorated, so....








And here is that trusty ol Gingerbread house I showed weeks ago, that we made:






And the stairs:





The foyer-yep, just a plate on the top. My mom is not really the overboard with decorations type, lol.





This is the extent of our Nativity Scene this year:-it is never in place, either, because it is just so much fun to take down and put on again!!





Here are our 'Advent Wreaths' that the kids and I made.








Here is one of my favorite decorations:



Thank you for joining me this year. Next year, we will be back in our own home (Lord willing!) and I will get you more of a full-coverage tour!!

Merry Christmas!!

5 comments:

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Jesus was eaten? Oh my!! There's one you don't hear everyday! :)

Natalie said...

That is too funny. That will be a great story to share with them when they grow up. Your grandkids will love to hear it, I'm sure.

Amydeanne said...

very cute!
We made those snowflakes last year! glitter everywhere!

Lana said...

I love your snowflakes!!

THanks for sharing :)

Totallyscrappy said...

Too funny about the Jesus peanut!
I like your window cling nativity scene. Thanks for having me over!
Do stop by soemtime.