My love and me

My love and me
Tim & Jess

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday Thirteen and other updates

We are taking the kids camping on Friday! This is our first time camping as parents. I am very excited, but also nervous. There are black bears AND cougars here, and who knows what else? We have not been camping in years, because I was breast feeding and the juggling small children. I wasn't ready for the craziness of it all! Now, the kids are 3, 4, and 5, and we are going to do a trial night. This is the only time we can do it. Soccer games begin next weekend, and then it will be too cold after that is over. So, for one night, Friday night, we will be camping on the Nisqually River with the whole family. Tim and Connor bought out big tent last night! We set it up in the dining room to make sure we could do it quickly. Then, everyone piled in, just in time to get out and get into bed. So, then we stripped it back down and got it all back in the bag! On the first try! Luckily, it is easy to fold back up!
The kids started soccer this week. Connor is on his second year, and the girls are playing for the first time-on the same team!
The girls are going to also taking gymnastics. They love it!! (I took for years, and LOVED IT!!) And Connor is in Karate. He wants to try to get his yellow belt. He brought a flyer home from practice about getting it.
Tim is in school this semester, and I am starting online college in October-if I pass the entrance exam-to finally finish my degree, and begin teaching when the kids are all in school. I found a completely online university that has a teaching program. That means I don't have to get day-care, and they even set up my student teaching at local schools, so I can do my demonstrative teaching, etc. It is a lot more costly than, say, University of Phoenix, but they don't offer the teaching program. Most places do not. And the terms are 6 months instead of 3 months, and it is a flat rate tuition, which means that I can take as many or as little classes as I need to at one time.
After they looked over my transcripts, they emailed me my review, and out of the classes that I had already completed years ago, I have a year and a half of courses that they accept for transfer, without my having to take them over. I am very happy about that! They do not accept any core classes transferred, only gen ed, which is MOSTLY what I had completed. I had only taken one, two, MAYBE three core classes. I don't remember exactly. And there are a few that did not transfer, but overall, I am satisfied.
Connor has now lost his two bottom front teeth! His new teeth basically pushed the baby teeth out. He starts Kindergarten next Wednesday, so he will be cool with the no teeth look for school!! And Katelyn starts Preschool on the 15th! Both her and Connor's schools are half day, but at least they will get to go! They are excited! And I have them going at different times, so there can be two kids at home at a time!! That will be nice for me :)

1. I love Washington!
2. It is chilly at the end of August and we take jackets with us just in case the temp drops
3. Camping is going to be challenging with three small children
4. I can't wait to graduate..one day!
5. I have not been to the gym in two weeks
6. I could be getting dressed for the gym instead of typing
7. I love having Tim home in the mornings, because he is in school instead of working
8. Why does the school Connor is going to only have half day Kindergarten??
9. Is Connor going to do well only going to school for two hours/ day?
10. I hope Connor is nicer on the field at practice today. He was so rough on Tuesday. I was embarrassed.
11. We have mastered the bedtime routine and time for all three kids! It only took this long, lol, but it was very hard getting the all down before. Now they are all kind of on the same level, and it is working!
12. I miss nap times
13. I am going to try to blog more often. I always want to, but do not have time anymore. I am studying for the entrance exam!

No comments: