My love and me

My love and me
Tim & Jess

Monday, November 3, 2008

3 and 5 year old politicians??

We had Tim's mom, sister, and his sister's boyfriend over last night for dinner. While we were eating, Connor says, "So, Granny, Dawn, who do you want to be Prseident? Obama or McCain?" Now, I was the only one that really thought that was classic, because no one else that was here really cares about politics very much. But, I was so proud of him for forming that intelligent discussion, even if it was at the dinner table!
Rewind to three days ago...
Hope was sitting on the couch with me, and there was a rally on the news where Joe Biden was speaking. Hope says, "Where's Obama?"
Am I creating little politicians? They can barely read or ride a bike, yet, they debate politics at dinner??

3 comments:

Natalie said...

There's nothing wrong with that. I can remember talking politics at a very young age with my parents. I think it's a great thing to discuss things with our children, regardless of their age. Their opinion is important too. And the sooner we get them thinking that voting is important, the better our country will be.

HopeE said...

I agree with Natalie! We want our kids to be able to look at our world and country and be able to talk about what they see -- and what they think! It's really important to help them learn to form intelligent thoughts and discussions in their heads from their observations!!! We don't want wimpy kiddos! :) Good job, Jessica!

Jessica said...

I was so very proud! I have a very politically involved father, and I guess I am carrying on the legacy :) It is one of my fav topics. Although, I have switched ideologies in recent years, lol. I am happy to see my kids mirroring their mother's love of political action and progress.