My love and me

My love and me
Tim & Jess

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday Morning Tea and Muffins

I made whole wheat muffins with fresh blueberries this morning, and am now drinking my hot tea. In my effort to blog more often, I am sitting down to type. Trying to make it more of a habit again.
We have two soccer games this morning, so I have to get moving. My sister is coming to visit next Saturday! I am so excited! She'll be here for only 4 or 5 days. She said she is suffering from withdrawals because the kids and I have been gone since mid-May. We are best friends and I was living back in our hometown while Tim was deployed. We spoiled each other by seeing a lot more of each other than we had gotten used to the last few years. She is one of the only people I have ever met that is as strange as I am, lol. Noone seems to really 'get' either of us, so we really enjoy being around each other. She and I are not the same, really, but we are both marching to a different drum than the norm, and we complement each other's oddities :)
I am looking up fun things to do while she is here. The leaves are falling and are gorgeous colors, and there are so many potentially fun outings! I found a family farm nearby that I want to take the family to, but she will not be going, because of the dates. But I will find something!
I am also planning Katelyn's 5th birthday party. It is mid-November, and I am trying to get ideas. It is beginning to come together in my head, though.
Well, I need to get up, dressed, and the kids ready, too.
I am proud of myself for writing this morning!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hey.. I get you! Marching to your own drum is a great thing.
I'm glad everyone is doing great. Keep in touch!