My love and me

My love and me
Tim & Jess

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Katelyn's Royal Ball



We celebrated Katelyn's 5th birthday over the weekend. We had a royal ball, in order to incorporate boys into the party. I asked everyone to come dressed in their finest, fanciest clothes, because it was a ball. Well, only one guest actually dressed up. Needless to say, I was disappointed. I had on a formal dress, and my kids were all dressed up, curled hair and all. I would have felt bad for my kids had I showed up at a party they were invited to, and didn't dress them appropriately. Another problem was Tim getting called in to work last minute. They had an emergency roster check. He missed at least half of the party. I spent two days on the cake alone, and I was counting on help! My mother in law helped until she had to leave for work-as soon as the party started. So, I tried delegating things out to moms. It went pretty well overall. I got some pictures. I forgot to get some of the front of the house. We had a red carpet up the walk, and a pink and silver balloon archway at the door. It was really beautiful!


Tim and me with Katelyn and the cake



Hope


Connor and Hope


Dancing



Katelyn with her cake


Hope and Dawn, my sister-in-law


Katelyn at her new vanity-she was so happy!


Here are some fall 2008 photos I had made:

All three:
Hope:
Katelyn being silly:
Connor:

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Aw.. I hate that no one dressed up. I hope the little princess had a fabulous birthday. I can't believe she's already 5!